A4 Holding Group celebrates this year 70 years of activity. A special milestone, reflecting the company's success in making some of the most important contributions to the history of our local area.
It was on 9th June 1952 when representatives of various Municipalities, Provinces, Bodies and Institutions from Italy's Lombardy and Veneto regions came together to create the joint-stock company Autostrada Brescia, Verona, Vicenza, Padova S.p.A.
The challenge back then was to connect the east and west of Italy's Po Valley, with the aim of providing continuity for the existing stretches of motorway and boosting industrial and economic development in the surrounding areas.
Today, the group's mission is to continue to support local development by improving the road system and by designing, building and managing new infrastructure, while at the same time developing integrated, innovative and technologically advanced solutions in order to guarantee a high standard of service and safety to travellers.
For the last 70 years we’ve been moving ideas, people and information with passion and expertise, while respecting the environment and local social-economic contexts. And we intend to keep up the good work.
The Brescia Verona Vicenza Padova SpA Company, which bears the same name as the section then built, was established in 1952 thanks to an alliance between the public and economic bodies of seven provinces: Milan, Bergamo, Brescia, Verona, Vicenza, Padua and Venice.
The objective was to "weld" the two existing highways, the Milano-Brescia and the Padova-Venezia, with a project that ensured the passage of the important road infrastructure in all the county seats. That happened in February 1962, at the end of four and a half years of work.
Originally with three lanes only in the Brescia-Sommacampagna section, Brescia-Padova, like many other infrastructures of this type in Italy, discounted the effects of a law enacted in 1975, which prevented the construction of new motorway sections. Only in the mid-80s, as a result of a specific legislative provision, it was possible to complete the three-lane extension on the entire section.
Starting from the second half of the 80s, the Company Autostrada Brescia Verona Vicenza Padova SpA has incorporated the Autostrada Trento Valdastico Vicenza Riviera Berica Rovigo Spa, better known as the A31 Valdastico.
This company was established on September 23, 1970. The opening of the section that can now be traveled from Vicenza to Piovene Rocchette, which crosses the Dueville and Thiene areas and interconnects the various industrial districts of Vicenza to the remaining industrial system of Northern Italy, occurred in 1976, while the trunk in the south between the provinces of Vicenza and Rovigo has been completed and operational since August 2015.